Friday, May 20, 2011

ENG 102- BLOG ASSIGNMENT #6


I have chosen Hemingway’s short stories for my research paper. My choices are “The Snows of Kilimanjaro” and “A Clean, Well-Lighted Place.” I have chosen his stories because Hemingway’s use of character development, style, and dialogue all contribute to the simple complexity of his stories. Both “The Snows of Kilimanjaro” and “A Clean, Well-Lighted Place. “ Both invite the reader into the story through the realistic dialogue and complex nature of each character. I found my sources mostly on ‘EBSCOhost, JSTOR, and one web site calls Cartage.org.'
One of my sources is from Warren, Bennett. "Character, Irony, and Resolution in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" this article gives insight on how the characters and symbolism intertwine within the story.  This article will help my research by allowing me to tie in my ideas in a more concise manner. The second source is from Bluefarb, Sam. "The Search for the Absolute in Hemingway's "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place"
and "The Snows of Kilimanjaro." This article analyzes both stories that are being used in the research paper.  It ties together both stories and hones in on their similarities  
and my third source is from  Hemingway, Ernest." Cartage.org. This website was useful on giving information on Ernest Hemingway’s life and it affected his writing. My last source is from The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway." Magill Book Reviews.
This book review is about the book that published both stories being analyzed.  It gives insight on what an extraordinary author Hemingway was and the legacy he left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment